- RSS Channel Showcase 6953464
- RSS Channel Showcase 1868055
- RSS Channel Showcase 5340785
- RSS Channel Showcase 4008173
Articles on this Page
- 12/29/16--07:11: _Jalapeno Pepper, Ho...
- 01/12/17--05:29: _Defunding Planned P...
- 01/27/17--10:19: _Give the Guy a Chance!
- 02/12/17--12:05: _Oh Oh, She’s At It ...
- 02/28/17--16:14: _Why my conservative...
- 03/14/17--06:23: _An open letter to C...
- 03/18/17--07:04: _Joni Ernst town hal...
- 04/25/17--19:40: _30 minutes with Dav...
- 05/03/17--18:39: _Young and Loebsack ...
- 05/19/17--06:22: _Now we can see whic...
- 12/29/16--07:11: Jalapeno Pepper, Hot Sauce and Gasoline Tart
- 01/27/17--10:19: Give the Guy a Chance!
- 02/12/17--12:05: Oh Oh, She’s At It Again
- 02/28/17--16:14: Why my conservative values make me vote for Democrats
- 03/14/17--06:23: An open letter to Congressman David Young
- 03/18/17--07:04: Joni Ernst town hall: The overflow edition
- 04/25/17--19:40: 30 minutes with David Young
Howard County Democratic Party chair Laura Hubka is ready to fight. Who’s with her? -promoted by desmoinesdem Does everyone else feel like they are in a dream? Not a nice cream filled donut dream but a jalapeno pepper, hot sauce and gasoline filled tart, a terrifying joke of a dream. One where you feel like […]
Governor Terry Branstad and Republican leaders in the Iowa House and Senate are finally poised to eliminate Planned Parenthood’s state funding, a cherished goal Democrats had repeatedly blocked in recent years. Branstad said during his Condition of the State address on Tuesday that his budget “redirects family planning money to organizations that focus on providing […]
Gary Kroeger explains why he’s not watching and waiting before speaking out against President Donald Trump. -promoted by desmoinesdem Several times in the past few days people have said to me: “Give the guy a chance.” They are annoyed that I jumped out of the box to criticize President Trump only one day after his […]
Well, it looks like our own (your own?) Senator Joni Ernst has been spotlighted by Glen Greenwald, Jeremy Scahill and writer Jordan Smith at The Intercept: “Senator Joni Ernst Puts Planned Parenthood–and Access to Birth Control–on the Chopping Block.” Looks like she’s set to be the face of the ‘defund Planned Parenthood’ contingent. I may […]
A guest commentary by a committed activist who served on the Iowa Democratic Party Platform and Rules Committees and currently serves on a county central committee. -promoted by desmoinesdem I believe in obeying the Constitution. The 14th Amendment says that debts of the USA shall not be questioned. Steve King–and most Republicans–voted to not raise […]
Tom Witosky follows up on recent correspondence with his U.S. House representative. -promoted by desmoinesdem March 13, 2017 Dear Congressman Young, I am writing this open letter to you because the time is fast approaching when your words will be put to the test with your vote on the proposed American Health Care Act. Make […]
Thanks to Stefanie Running for talking with Iowans who had hoped to question Senator Joni Ernst yesterday. -promoted by desmoinesdem It was unusually warm for St. Patrick’s Day in Des Moines. Despite being spring break week for Drake University, the campus where Senator Joni Ernst chose to hold her town hall had remarkably little available […]
First-person accounts of meetings with elected officials are always a good read. Thanks, Matt Chapman. -promoted by desmoinesdem Friday afternoon, leaders of the Indivisible Central Iowa Leadership had a 30 minute meeting with Representative David Young. Tyler Higgs, Jess McCord, Bill Ekhardt, Jordan Hobfoll, Marie Herring, Mark Brooks and myself attended. The topics scheduled for […]
A federal government shutdown before October appears unlikely now that the U.S. House has approved a $1.1 trillion deal to fund the government through the current fiscal year. The roll call for the May 3 vote shows that Iowa’s Representatives David Young (IA-03) and Dave Loebsack (IA-02) were among the 131 Republicans and 178 Democrats […]
It’s not abstract anymore. We knew eliminating state funding for Planned Parenthood’s family planning services would cause thousands to lose access to basic health care. We knew deep cuts to state funding for victims assistance would affect thousands of sexual assault and domestic abuse survivors. Now we are starting to see which Iowans will be […]